I make vegetable based handcrafted soap as an expression of my creativity, something I have seen, or something that I feel. I often include #morethansoap in my posts and figured it would be a good idea to describe what I mean by #morethansoap. In its essence soap cleans dirt. However the sheer act of creating something from nothing unlocks so much more in the individual creating the work of art.
There are multiple reasons to create your own natural soap at home.
- You get to control the ingredients
- You can create a bar specifically crafted for your friends and families skincare needs from dry, oily, combination skin
- You can experiment with colors and scents
- You can use essential oils for their aroma therapy characteristics
- You can mold, shape and design your creations anyway you can imagine
- You can blend all types of vegetable oils to create a signature recipe
- You can start a new hobby that allows you to express your own creativity
- You can start a bath and body business to supplement or create a whole new stream of income for your family
The reasons are endless and everyone’s maybe different. For a very long time I thought that I was not creative, when I started creating soap my imagination would take off not only for my soap creations but every other area of my life as well. I found myself in a peaceful and meditative state of bliss as I crafted some amazing recipes. I started thinking about how I could share this craft and maybe, just maybe the young girls that I interact with would discover their own creativity much earlier than I did in my 30’s.
I realized that I could share this same gift of creativity well beyond my 4 corners of the world. And once again the thought of unlocking creativity, freedom and entrepreneurial spirit for others became a not only a dream but also a reality. We all have a chance to impact others. When I create my soap it’s #morethansoap. I’m sharing my passion, I’m teaching others, I’m lighting a spark in anyone who may have believed it’s supposed to be this way or that way and helping them to see that they can learn and master ANYTHING with absolutely NO exceptions to this rule.
When I shared this dream with a co-worker she said “you are pouring in to create a rich lather”. I believe that’s very true and now you know why I say it’s so much #morethansoap!
If you are interested in learning how to make your own natural soap right at home, consider joining Live Soap School and discover your own creativity and why we say it’s so much more than soap.